Robert Plate and his family settled in Brüninghausen and with the foundation of the forge "H1" the cornerstone of the future works was laid. H1 was operated using waterpower from the Verse River.
Foundation of "Stahlwerke Robert und Hermann Plate". Meantime, many other forges were being operated along the Verse River, mainly for manufacturing refined steel.
Acquisition of a fork factory in Plettenberg producing beet, potato, stone, and coal forks.
Construction of the first large workshop,
operation of a 50 hundredweight steam hammer.
Completion of two workshops for the bright steel department.
Construction of another large workshop,
operation of an electric melting furnace,
purchase of pneumatic hammers and moulding presses.
Peter Robert Plate became managing director
(last managing director from the Plate family).
US troops occupied Brüninghausen and the factory was closed down.
Resumption of business activities.
Operation of several additional forges (20 & 50 hundredweight),
development of the bright steel department by purchasing further drawing machines as well as straightening, grinding, and polishing machines.
Purchase of 5 ring rolling units for the ring mill department (in part with induction heating) purchase of various annealing, hardening, and tempering furnaces. Development of the machining centre by purchasing various vertical boring and turning mills as well as CNC-turning machines.
Purchase of a finishing mill for the forging department.
Purchase of a 1200 tons moulding press (Pahnke Presse) for the forging department.
Purchase of the radial-axial steel mill (RAW) for the forging department.
Takeover of the enterprise by the managing partners Stefan Heimöller and Jürgen Schmerbeck; the company was renamed Platestahl Umformtechnik GmbH.
The new heat treatment facility with 2 gas furnaces was brought into service.
Completion of a new workshop with 2 new drawing units (Kistner-Züge) for the bright steel department.
Completion of a new workshop for modern sawing centre and the final inspection of forgings.
Construction of a new workshop for ring-rolling mill 2 and ring-rolling mill 6.
A new triple stage drawing machine for the bright steel department was brought into service.